The Cora Hartshorn Arboretum (CHA) is looking for enthusiastic educators for our Nature Discovery Summer Camp. This is an active, hands-on position that involves teaching and managing campers in outdoor, environmental, and recreational activities. Summer Camp Educators must be committed to work with the CHA staff for at least 3 training days and 10 day-camp weeks (Monday to Friday).
Dates: June 11th, 2018 to August 17th, 2018.
Location: Cora Hartshorn Arboretum, Short Hills, NJ 07078
Responsibilities: include but are not limited to:
- Teaching weekly themed, preapproved curriculum to campers between 3-5 years, 6-8 years or 9-11 years of age.
- Lead and supervise outdoor activities relevant to the Nature Discovery Camp weekly themes.
- Lead and supervise crafts, games and activities relevant to the Nature Discovery Camp weekly themes.
- Daily maintenance of education and outdoor equipment and materials.
- Daily set-up and clean-up of classroom space and program materials.
Requirements: College graduate with, or working towards, a Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Education, Biology, Botany, Forestry, or related field. Must: be comfortable spending a majority of time outdoors; have a basic knowledge of outdoor recreation and natural sciences; capable of managing a group of 6 to 12 children. A responsible and self-motivated individual with some knowledge of New Jersey ecology, natural history, hiking/backpacking, and plant identification. First aid and CPR certification a plus (CHA can provide certification if necessary).
Salary: $11/hour paid on a bi-weekly basis
To Apply: Send letter of interest and resume to Nicole Esposito, Camp Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: 324 Forest Drive South, Short Hills, NJ 07078.